This section is applicable to domestic students who are permanent residents (who are not permanent humanitarian visa holders who are resident in Australia for the duration of the unit of study) and New Zealand citizens enrolled in a higher education course of study offered by SITCM. All other students are considered International Students for fees purposes.
Austudy, Youth Allowance, Student Start-up Scholarship, and Relocation Scholarship are available for eligible, full-time students.
FEE-HELP is a student loan scheme that is funded by the Commonwealth Government to assist eligible students to pay for all or part of their tuition fees. FEE-HELP loans are not subject to income/assets tests or age restrictions. For more information and to apply, please visit: http://www.sitcm.edu.au/feehelp.html
- The Institute will update the schedule of fees based on charges to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and teaching costs on an annual basis. Students will be liable for this increase each year of their academic studies. In addition, extensive advance notice will be given before larger charges are introduced.
- Tuition fees do cover the charges for tuition administration.
- Tution fees do not cover the charges for, accomodation, living expenses, textbooks, uniforms, stationery, and equipment.
Incidental fees are not covered by tuition fees.
- Printed copies of record books, work books, handouts, module books or other printed matter issued as part of the Training Material that are available online, or are lost or misplaced – $0.20 is charged per single sided print (b&w)
- Copies of Academic Transcript (Where first copy provided free of charge) $20.00
- Copies of Formal Qualifications (Where first copy provided free of charge) $50.00
- Student ID Card (Where first copy provided free of charge) $20.00
Late Enrolment Fee
If a student enrols in a Unit of Study on or after the Start Date and prior to the Census Date, a late enrolment fee of 3% of tuition fee applies to the Unit of Study.
* The late enrolment fee cannot be deferred to FEE-HELP.
Payment by Instalment
Periodic instalments of tuition fees can be arranged with the Institute by application.
The census date for a unit of study is the last day in week 3 of a semester (for details refer to the Academic Calendar). In the event of a student withdrawing from a unit of study on or before the census date for that unit of study 100% of tuition fees paid for that unit will be refunded to the student. In the event of a student withdrawing from a unit of study after census date for that unit of study no refund is applicable.
- All requests for refund must be made in writing. The Institute undertakes to make payment of all refunds within 28 days of receipt of a written application for refund.
- The Institute will provide a statement that explains how any refund amount has been calculated.
Refunds paid if the Institute defaults:
- If the offered course does not start on the published or agreed starting day.
- If a course that stops being provided after it starts and before it is completed or if a course is not provided fully to the student because the Institute has had a sanction imposed by either TEQSA.
- A full refund will be paid to all students within two weeks after the default day. All students will be provided with a statement that explains how the refund amount has been calculated.
The refund policy is subject to review from time to time. Please check the current refund policy before accepting an offer.